Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Tree Root....OF DEATH!

We have had in our front yard a beastly tree/bush/demon from the 5th circle of Hell that has festered and grown since I first bought the house a few years ago. It's attacked Amy a couple of times and put me in a three day coma once when I tried to trim it down.

Last month the day came to remove the beast from our yard. Cutting down the top wasn't too bad, but digging out the root was a nightmare. It took about 4 hours and broke 3 of my tow straps when I tried to pull it out with my truck. Regardless, at the end of the day it was man vs. nature. Man: 1, Nature: 0.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa that sucker's huge!

Valerie said...

Way to go!

Amelia Smith said...

Holly crap that is gi-freaking-normous. You should put a lovely picture of the beautiful new tree you have out there now.