Tuesday, August 11, 2009

TALE AS OLD AS TIME


It seems that this relaxing summer has turned upside down into a summer full of activity and events. We've had such a wonderful summer, but it seems that we are constantly on the go, so when a Saturday comes that we have nothing, it's rare and it's treasured. Especially since our nights of freedom are numbered....we are super excited about our baby boy coming, but we do realize it will be a little while before we can just jump in the car and go to things like this. Andrew wasn't looking forward to attending an all day class this last Saturday, but there have been several weekends where I've had to leave him to go to events and things as well. So I was really surprised when he bought play tickets for us to see Beauty & the Beast! I love plays, and I love Disney, so it was such a wonderful treat to be able to go to a combination! He's so very thoughtful! I'm very blessed to have such a wonderful husband and friend! The play was at Hale Center Theatre in Gilbert, a theatre set on a circular stage with the audience all around. We've seen several plays here and almost always are impressed with the performances. We were really excited about this play but were curious how they would incorporate all of the scenes needed in this type of theatre. They were able to pull it off really well, and it was fun to hear the additional Broadway songs that aren't in the Disney movie. We also found out that the girl who played Belle was married to the actor who played the Beast, which made the story a little more magical. The outfits were done well, the wolves and beast costumes were a little too frightening, but served their purpose well and children in the audience didn't seem to mind them. The play was beautifully done, and the music was enchanting! I loved every minute of it and I highly recommend it to anyone who's interested in plays! Thank you again Andrew for such a wonderful treat!

http://www.halecentertheatrearizona.com/

















No comments: