Tuesday, July 28, 2009

High Hopes for a 10 year reunion

Last week we missed Amy's 10 year high school reunion. This week my reunion is coming up and we are still undecided whether or not we are going to go. Most days when I think back on my time at Mesa High I have a sense of wanting to leave that chapter of my life closed with a mental bookmark that lets me look back on it from time to time. I have not ever really wanted to jump back into the mix and see how all the random people who wandered the halls with me have ended up.

I was thinking about how lame it is that a lot of my friends are not going. That fact also takes a lot of my motivation away from attending. I think though about how 10 years ago I would probably be too cool for a 10 year reunion...maybe my old friends are still too cool for all this. Maybe I've just gotten un-cool...or old.


Regardless I haven't been too enthusiastic about the whole scene. I just hope that if I do go I find out that I've aged significantly better than everyone else I went to high school with, and that my table looks something like this. (cowboy hat because it's at the Rockin' R Ranch)



1 comment:

Lisa said...

Jared won't even let me update our profile on the Reunion website.